Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January 23, 2013

  Challenge #4 for Tsunami Rose...Anything Goes
\
 
 
This weeks challenge is anything goes....These are so much fun because they allow you to let your senses flow! Well, this week, they have flown like mad....I did two projects for this challenge.  This is the first of the two....Tennis Shoes! Plain old tennis shoes.  Tennis shoes, New Beginnings Papers and good ole Mod Podge!  Here are the shoes..............




I printed out the New Beginnings papers on copy paper instead of cardstock. I tore the pages in every direction. Then I added Mod Podge to each piece of paper and placed them randomly until the shoe was covered...Brushed another coat of Mod Podge over the entire paper and let dry. I also covered the tongue of the shoes and painted with a coordinating colour, the stitched area on and around the lace eyelets.   Then I added stickles on the rose petals and various other spots to balance it a bit.  Then I added lavender dotted swiss ribbon for shoe strings. Pretty cotton lace is what I wanted to use for the laces, but I didnt have any on hand. Hope you like my shoes!!  My next project is a purse made from a box..New Beginnings paper done in squares and applied with Mod Podge. Sealed with another coat. Stickles and ink shadings.  A jeweled handle to capture all the colours of the paper. It is hinged and has a decorative latch.  They are lined and mirrored.  Another Lavender dotted swiss ribbon dropping down off the corner of one end of the handle with a birdcage charm. These too were alot of fun.
                                                                                                                                                                       
 
Thanks so much for dropping by my blog to see my projects for Tsunami Rose Designs.  I love reading your comments...Kim
 
 


 



 

9 comments:

  1. Love both projects, those papers look lush :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations I particularly love the shoes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, would never have thought about doing a project with those shoes! Both projects are fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW these are fabulous what a wonderful idea.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What amazing projects....absolutely adore those shoes, such a clver idea. You can spot Daisy's beautiful papers a mile away! thanks for sharing with us...can't wait to see what you produce next xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great projects
    thanks for sharing
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great projects.. and now that i joined yours we can visit more often..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, I love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, love those shoes, brilliant idea
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete